Parallel port doesn’t send triggers to EEG

Hello there!

I have problems with the parallel port that doesn’t send triggers from a testing computer to an EEG recorder in different tasks even if they send triggers from another computers. I tried different variations of code though none of them doesn’t work. I can’t find the problem on my own. I tested parallel port in “parallel port tester”, it worked great, also I tried to reinstall inpoutx64 driver, computer said it worked too. Version of psychopy is 2022.1.1, I tried to install earlier one (2020.1.0), unfortunately, it didn’t run.

Code I tried:
Begin Experiment
from psychopy import parallel
parallel.setPortAddress(0xE100)

Begin Routine
parallel.setData(9)

OR

Code I tried with using p_port, not only code:
Begin Experiment
from psychopy import parallel
parallel.setPortAddress(0xE100)

Begin Routine
p_port.setData(9)

the most common error is smth like this:
File “C:\Users\Администратор\Documents\PsychoPy_exp\exp_final_lastrun.py”, line 380, in
parallel.setData(9)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\parallel_init_.py”, line 183, in setData
raise RuntimeError(‘Port address must be set using setPortAddress’)
RuntimeError: Port address must be set using setPortAddress
################# Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:3328] #################

Thank u a lot! I’m dealing with this for a long time :slight_smile:

Hi There,

What happens if you try to send a trigger from builders parallel port component? (ensure your port address is in Preferences> hardware first then it can be detected in the parallel port address options).

Thanks,
Becca