Synchronizing error (psychopy to Pavlovia)

I am trying to upload my project from builder in PsychoPy to Pavlovia.
It continuously shows error as below.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1221, in onPavloviaSync
    self.fileExport(htmlPath=htmlPath)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 719, in fileExport
    target="PsychoJS")
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 73, in generateScript
    compileScript(infile=exp, version=None, outfile=filename)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 242, in compileScript
    _makeTarget(thisExp, outfile, targetOutput)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 214, in _makeTarget
    script = thisExp.writeScript(outfile, target=targetOutput, modular=True)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\_experiment.py", line 251, in writeScript
    self_copy._currentRoutine.writeRoutineBeginCodeJS(script, modular)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\routine.py", line 277, in writeRoutineBeginCodeJS
    thisCompon.writeRoutineStartCodeJS(buff)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 202, in writeRoutineStartCodeJS
    self.writeParamUpdatesJS(buff, 'set every repeat')
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 405, in writeParamUpdatesJS
    target="PsychoJS")
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 399, in writeParamUpdates
    target=target)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 435, in writeParamUpdate
    valStr = str(val).strip()
TypeError: __str__ returned non-string (type NoneType)

I do not see any .git hidden file, also I am using local drive.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Do you mean that there is no .git or that you do not see it in File Explorer. If it is the later, you have to set File Explorer to display hidden files. I am using a German Win, so screenshots might not help. But it should be View -> Hidden elements.

Cheers Jens

Thank you for your kind help.
I have tried to find .git file as you suggested, but there was no .git file in hidden files as well.
I still cannot synchronize my project to Pavlovia.
Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi,
Were you able to solve your problem? I am facing a similar issue and its my first time building and pushing code to pavlovia from the builder. I see my git files on gitlab and the project is synced.

Hi,
I was not able to solve the problem. :frowning:

2020년 10월 17일 (토) 오후 4:48, Voidyman via PsychoPy <psychopy@discoursemail.com>님이 작성:

From Wake Carter’S crib sheet:

If your experiment won’t sync to Gitlab, the safest way to create a new experiment on Gitlab is to duplicate your local experiment folder and then delete the hidden folder called .git from inside it. Then open the duplicate study in PsychoPy and sync as before so that it will ask to create a new project (page 5)

Cheers Jens

WOW! Thank you very much!!
I will try~ :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

2020년 10월 19일 (월) 오후 5:17, Jens Bölte via PsychoPy <psychopy@discoursemail.com>님이 작성:

Hi did you find a solution to this?
I am also getting this error but it seems to only occur when my Text component contains an f-string with varibles (e.g. Text: f’{$name} is {$age}’
If I delete the f function then the project sync just fine, any ideas how to fix this?

Elle

Hello EJJ,

f-formating is Python. However, online you run JavaScript. I assume that the f-formating is not properly translated to JavaScript. You have to manually edit the JavaScript-part. Turn off “Auto”, set it to “both” in your code-element.

Use string concatenation with type conversion “my var = “ + str(myVar) taken from crib sheet by wakecarter.

Cheers Jens