Suppress output in result files

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2020.1.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
What are you trying to achieve?:

I try to reduce the oputput in my result file in a false-memory experiment. In this experiment, I have 10 learning blocks and recognition blocks (and one warum-up block). I want to save only the recognition trials in the result-file. I unchecked save onset/offest times on the properties of the text-stimulus component for the learning trials. In a learning trial, I display a text-stimulus.

What did you try to make it work?:
I unchecked the option to save the onset/offest times. I had a key-component which I did not store. Both approaches did not work.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
In the csv-file the learning trials keep showing up which will make analysis really difficult (see screenshot). I’d like to run the experiment in an Introductory Research Class and I do not want the students to be confused by unnecessary data.

Line 2-4 are learning trials, line 6-9 recognition trials, line 10-21 learning, line 22-28 recognition trials. This will go on for 10 blocks.

So, how do I prevent the learning trials from being stored in the result file?

Cheers Jens

Well, asking a question and finding a solution is a little bit akward. Anyway, when unchecking the IsTrial-option, the learning trials are no longer stored. Does unchecking the IsTrial-option have any further consequences?

Cheers Jens

You should mark your second post as the solution.

However, it only works offline.