psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Probably very simple question

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10Ent
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v3 2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?:

Probably very silly/basic question, but I’ve created a basic task/stressor in PsychoPy3, the responses to which I’m not majorly concerned about, but may want to use at a later date to confirm participants were doing a task (serial 3/7s and a version of the RVIP). I’m happy with the set up in Builder. When I run it, everything appears as/when I want, but when the trials finish, I can’t seem to locate any output file that logs the (keyboard) responses or has any log of the events. Should I have added scripting to create an output, or should one be automatically generated? If its the former, any advice for this would be appreciated.

(Just to be clear, I’ve not used PsychoPy before!)
Thanks!

Data is saved automatically for you, without you needing to enable it. Builder will likely have created a data/ subfolder within the folder that holds your Builder .psyxep file. Look in there.

You can alter the default data saving options by clicking on the “Experiment settings” icon on the toolbar and selecting the “Data” tab. If no data is actually being saved, then presumably it has been disabled there. But at a minimum you will have .psydat files saved - they can’t be disabled.

Perfect, thanks Michael - it had saved, but in a random place. I’ve sorted it now; thanks so much for your reply!