Studio v2021.2.1 incomplete HTML export, missing JS libs

Hello,

Environment: Win 10, Studio 2021.2.1 Export to HTML is incomplete.

Currently switched from 2021.1.4 to 2021.2.1 because recent chrome updates were leading to invalid online experiments (To many media players issue). I wanted to see if more recent version solves this problem. However, after export the HTML folder does not contain the libs folder (as refered by the index.html) and many video resources are missing.

Hence online experiment does not work trying to load the following files:
./lib/psychojs-2021.2.1.css and ./lib/psychojs-2021.2.1.iife.js

Any way to solve this or should I roll back to 2021.1.4 ?

It is a big issue for me since my experiment campaign was already started using Pavlovia. So some users managed to performe the tests but some others are stuck due to the recent limitation of number of opened MediaPlayers in chrome/edge (solution was not working in Firefox since the beginning).

Regards, and thanks for your help.

Hi @jem, thanks for flagging, would it be possible to walk me through the sort of steps you took to produce the lib folder locally? Have you tried the local debug button? x

Hello Sotiri,

I did use the File > export HTML menu which creates the HTML directory with index.html and experiment js files.

I just tried to run a local debug with the Runner app as you proposed and I obtain the following errors:

audio-context-constructor.js:9 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.

(anonymous) @ audio-context-constructor.js:9

test-audio-node-disconnect-method-support.js:3 [Deprecation] The ScriptProcessorNode is deprecated. Use AudioWorkletNode instead.

(anonymous) @ test-audio-node-disconnect-method-support.js:3

test-audio-node-disconnect-method-support.js:30 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.

(anonymous) @ test-audio-node-disconnect-method-support.js:30

test-audio-scheduled-source-node-start-method-negative-parameters-support.js:4 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.

re @ test-audio-scheduled-source-node-start-method-negative-parameters-support.js:4

constant-source-node-constructor.js:42 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.

start @ constant-source-node-constructor.js:42

:12002/lib/core-2021.1.4.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

:12002/lib/data-2021.1.4.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

:12002/lib/util-2021.1.4.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

:12002/lib/visual-2021.1.4.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

:12002/lib/sound-2021.1.4.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

:12002/favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

Seems that here again the .lib folder is missing.

J.e.m.

~WRD0002.jpg

I finally managed to get the lib folder when going through runner > Run js for local debug

Did work after several tries.

But then I obtain this error in the browser:

psychojs-2021.2.0.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)

Which is strange since I use 2021.2.1 and that files exported in /lib are really the ones for 2021.2.1

I can’t find any place in the exported files where the loading of psychojs-2021.2.0.js would be performed.

~WRD0002.jpg

Hi @jem, okay yes you are right and that is a problem we are in the process of fixing. There is a new release in the making as we speak. For now you could manually edit the version number in the main script’s import statement. Many thanks for your patience on this matter, x

Hello @sotiri,

I finally found the place where to fix the issue and did it by hand.

So it worked, but I then find problems later in using recent version where I couldn’t access parameters given in the URL any more.

Originally I wanted to test with more recent of PsychoPy for the following reason:

Recent chromium/chrome/edge updates limits the number of media player opened simultaneously.

Hence my test which consists of 88 successive videos in a loop does not work any more and the browser tells that it cannot open so many MediaPlayers.

Are you aware of this issue and if so is it solved in recent versions of PsychoPy ?
I will open a new discussion on this topic, since it doe not fit the current thread title.

Thanks.

Hi @jem, alright, thanks. No, I was not aware there are limits to the number of media players opened simultaneously, but I am not clear as to what a media player is in this context. Do you mean video / audio HTML elements? Yes, starting a new thread on the topic would be nice, thank you, x