I am downloading some resources at the start of the experiment (in psychoJS.start) and then other resources during the experiment using psychoJS.downloadResources. I have found that when I call downloadResources, all the resources first downloaded using psychoJS.start (confirmed with the JS console) are being downloaded again! Does anyone have any clue?
I took a look in an experiment of mine that also downloads some resources at the start and some others via downloadResources, but the resources at start only get downloaded once. Shall I share my experiment so you can compare?
Ok that’s strange! Yes if you don’t mind sharing, that might be helpful, thank you!
Done! It’s called int_gonogo2. Still an early prototype btw
Thank you! However when I get to your gitlab page, I cannot see the code, I just see the home page with the mention “This project does not have a wiki homepage yet”.
Sorry, gave you the wrong role. Now it should work.
Thank you! I still don’t understand why it does this in my experiment though… Maybe it’s the older version of PsychoPy that I use? The other difference is I don’t create a full routine with a “One moment…” screen, I just add a function (and add it in the scheduler) to download what I need and so it’s downloading while my experiment is occurring… I checked my previous experiments and the same thing was happening (although I wasn’t noticing because there were less files). It’s as if it can’t help but download all the resources that are “registered”… I might just use a workaround…
You’re programming your experiment directly in PsychoJS instead of via builder?
Yes. There might be an error somewhere that I can’t see… Anyway it’s ok, I don’t have too many files, I decided to download everything at the start, it takes 2-3 minutes. I wanted to see if this was a bug that other people got… Thank you for your help again!
Ok I have no idea why… sometimes it downloads everything twice and sometimes not… And I’m always in private browsing… It’s a problem because when it downloads twice, it’s like the files were not downloaded at first and so there can be a bug because of a missing file…
I wonder if this is what was happening to me. I set up a background download of nearly 500 image files and for some reason the person I was writing the experiment for got an error which suggested that one of the files wasn’t available. When I tested it, I didn’t get an error on that file (I’d removed randomisation to test). I ended up reducing the file size (which didn’t help) and then dumping my background loading code in favour of downloading everything at the start (which did).
Some weird differences in how our scripts behave! I’ve got some good news though: we’re working on an improved method for downloading resources on the fly, so then next version of PsychoJS should have this all work a bit smoother.