Strange Polygons Appearing on my screen

URL of experiment: Pavlovia
Description of the problem: I am getting strange polygons sometimes when I am running the experiment.
Most of the components are intact except for a black colored background (rectangle) and some text that should come at the bottom. This doesnt always happen. I am attaching the screenshot.

Each component has a “Testing” tab. Use this to disable each component, and then turn each one back on, until you can isolate which one(s) is/are causing the problem.

I get a lot of errors like this. It might be because of the polygons.
WebGL:INVALID_OPERATION: uniformMatrix3fv: location is not from current program
mat3 @ generateUniformAccessObject.js:67
51WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: uniform3f: location not for current program

That unfortunately still doesn’t tell us anything without knowing which component of the experiment is generating the errors. As Michael says, your best bet is to first try disabling different parts of the display to see if it makes the errors and the polygons go away, and if you can isolate which component is driving the errors, post more info about that component.

1 Like

I realised that the problem was that I had a few elements that were updating every frame. This causes a memory leak. The fallout of the memory leak was that WebGL stopped working.

1 Like

Hi, I isolated and fixed a memory leak in PsychoJS platform version 2020.1 which might also have caused your issues, see: