Speech perception experiment crashes right after putting participant's name

PsychoPy version: PsychoPy 2022.2.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes
What are you trying to achieve?:

I am totally new to PsychoPy so please be patient with me.

I am trying to compile AX speech discrimination test. There are 6 loops in the experiment. 2 are the practices and 4 are the testing trials that include audio and video files (.mp3 and .mp4). I rechecked everything in the loop and tried to run the experiment.

What did you try to make it work?:
Originally I was building it using the Standalone v2022.1.1. I tried to download the v2022.2.5 and it still doesn’t work.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Right after I tried to run the experiment and put in the participant name, PsychoPy gave me the following error message.

5.3921 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Bold.ttf
5.4517 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Bold.ttf
5.4904 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙.ttf
5.4955 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Italic.ttf
5.5504 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ BoldItalic.ttf
5.6057 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Italic.ttf
5.6095 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙.ttf
5.6234 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ BoldItalic.ttf
5.7573 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Bold.ttf
5.8181 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Bold.ttf
5.8597 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙.ttf
5.8647 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Italic.ttf
5.9193 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ BoldItalic.ttf
5.9779 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ Italic.ttf
5.9821 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙.ttf
5.9989 WARNING Font Manager failed to load file C:\Windows\Fonts\THSarabunIT∙ BoldItalic.ttf
File “C:\Users\UTK404\OneDrive - Chulalongkorn University\Quantitative Methods\Project\test_lastrun.py”, line 52, in
filename = thisDir + os.sep + u’data/%s%s_%s’ % (expInfo[‘participant’], expName, expInfo[‘date’])
KeyError: ‘participant’
################# Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:8740] #################

What could be wrong with my experiment?
And I avoided using Thai fonts in the experiment, but why do I keep getting a warning about the Thai fonts all the time?

Your help will be appreciated.

Hey,
Did you change the experiment info (participant and session)?

If you change those fields, you must change the Data filename accordingly. It’s being created using those fields values:

I assume you removed the participant field, so you can change the data filename to:
u'data/%s_%s_%s' % (expName, expInfo['date']) or to anything else you might want.

Let me know if it was the problem.

Thanks,
Chen

Thank you so much for the response.

Yes, I did change the fields into the following.

How should I fix this? I want to keep the participant’s name, gender, and age
Thank you so much
rrawan

1 Like

Hello,

insert participant again and add Name as an additional entry.

Best wishes Jens

Yes, it worked.

Thank you so much.
Very much appreciated.

rrawan