Sound files cut off before it is even fully playes

Hi! I have an experiment that plays 2 sound files - the first sound file plays the audio stimuli, and the 2nd is just a beep sound to signal the end of the audio stimuli and for the participant to respond that plays simultaneously with an image.

I have some audio stimuli that gets cut off before the file finishes playing. I’ve set a condition for the image to be shown after the status of the sound is finished, but it seems to cutting off the audio or that the audio isn’t completely played at all.

I’ve attached a screen grab of my builder and hopefully, someone has a solution for it.

Hi There,

Please can I check what version of psychopy you are using? previously I encountered a bug where all of my sound files needed to be of the same length (at the time I just added ‘silence’ to the end of my shorter files, but I think this is fixed now)

Becca

Hi Becca,

thanks for the reply! I’ve fixed the issue by switching the order of the audio library around. However, i would like to set a start condition for the image after the sound has been played. But once i’ve switched the order and tried to play the experiment together with the condition, the image doesn’t show up. I was wondering if you have any solution for that too!

Also, its weird, im not able to open my preference tab now in psychopy after switching the order for audio library. Do you know why this might be the case?

Hi There,

Please can I confirm what order your audio libraries are currently in and what version of psychopy you are using?

For the second issue please could you share a minimally working example of the issue with us so that we can take a look at the issue :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca,

I’m currently using v2020.1.3 and the order is in "Pygame, pyo, PTB, sounddevice’

For the second issue, i am not able to capture a screenshot of the preference tab but this message shows up after I pressed on the preference tab:

Hi There,

Please can I first check that ‘Pygame’ starts with a lower-case p in your preferences.

Looks like this error has been previously mentioned on the forum Problem playing sound files in psychopy perhaps you could try upgrading your psychopy release?

Becca

Hi Becca,

The issue has been resolved! All audios are playing fine and great. I think the preference tab issue had something to do with me troubleshooting it and deleting appData.cfg and UserPref.cfg. Thanks so much for your help!

pleased you found a solution!