Audio file cut off after 2 seconds

I have an experiment that presents three images sequentially plus an audio file, all of them taken from an excel file loop.

The first image and the sound file start at the same time, but when the second file is introduced, the sound file is suddenly cut off.

I’ve tried simplifying the routine to include only the sound file, and it is still cut off after 2 seconds (no duration is set in the experiment).

This does not happen when the sound file is played directly in the experiment (not through and excel routine).

I am running Psychopy 3 on Windows 10
Any ideas? Thanks
Jose

Hi @Jose_Camacho, I am not clear what you are doing in your experiment. Would you be able to upload a minimal working example with the error?

Hi @dvbridges, thanks. I’ve uploaded the samples here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pmiPWoEoA7PqLYKp9pqlZ7F5vs5UmCz2

I’ve noticed that the length of the first audio file under the “audio” column in the excel is what determines the length of the rest of the audio file, so that “generic.wav” is 3 seconds long, and the rest will play up to 3 seconds but no longer

Great, thanks. Can you please two audio files as an example, one short and one long?

Done (same link as above). Thanks

I am having the same issue! I have a loop going through 40 audio files all ~4-7 seconds in length. But all the files will only play for as long as the duration of the shortest file in the list (i.e. the 7 sec. files are getting cut off after 4 sec.).

How can I remedy this so that all audio files play for their full duration? I have tried setting the duration at various intervals as well as leaving it infinite.

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue!

I am still having this issue… has anyone solved it?

Actually, I found a solution- go to preferences, and delete the '‘sounddevice’ library. When using the other libraries, PsychoPy updates the length of the sound file in every frame of the loop.

Hi @BenY, can you please specify how to delete the library, I went to preferences but did not find anything to delete. Thanks.

Hi @Laura_Pissani, you need to go to File > Preferences > Hardware > audio library and you can delete it there.

1 Like