Slider on Pavlovia

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:

Hi, I am in the midst of building a trust game experiment. The participants will be presented with 3 different faces and will be asked to invest money to each of them by choosing a number on the slider below each face stimuli.

However, when pushing the experiment onto pavlovia, the experiment works fine but the ticks and labels are not aligned in the online version.

I tried changing the settings to ‘pix’ on psychopy, however, it does not allow me to click on the slider (respond) after changing to pixel.

Is there a code for this or any other settings which I need to consider to make the slider presentation work on pavlovia?

Hope I was able to explain the question clearly.

Thank you.

Maybe try setting the units to “norm”?

1 Like

yup that worked for me. Thank you!!

Another problem I am facing is with labelling the slider for the second part of my experiment. I need the slider to be labelled only on the two extreme ends. For example, ‘Strongly Agree’ and ‘Strongly Disagree’ but with 1-7 ticks. Is there any way this is possible?

Thank you.

I have that exactly in an experiment I’m designing actually. You can add the labels like this:
‘1\nStrongly disagree’,‘2’,‘3’…‘7\nStrongly agree’

Ahh I see, thank you. I managed to present the labels with your help. However, I’m not sure how I can avoid participants clicking on the space between the numbers on the slider? For example, 2.5 or 3.6 on the slider.

Interesting! Good luck with your experiment @kellycotton :slight_smile:

If you set the granularity to 1 instead of 0, it should only allow the ticks you set! If you want it to be continuous, you can change it to 0.

That works! Thank you :slight_smile: