Simple dotprobe coding help

Hello!

Around a month ago I already tried to cry for help and had big progress with my experiment, but we reached a point where is was almost perfect but some weird issue started to bother me.

The story: I am huge noob in Psychopy in general and in coding in particular. My experiment is classical dotprobe task, but I need:
-neutral words and emotional words to be presented in random order, while the position of word and dot should go in sequentual fashion (it was done by one of the forum members, worked just fine in the beginning, but now isn’t)
-several trials (2 for now) to be presented one after another in the way given above.

Problems:
-words are not presented randomly: one word from Neutrals repeats several times for some reason
-the issue with position (worked fine before we added second trail)

Here are all files: neutralWordsOnly2.xlsx (8.5 KB)
sequentialsOnly1.xlsx (9.9 KB)
sequentialsOnly2.xlsx (9.9 KB)
wordsOnly1.xlsx (9.0 KB)
wordsOnly2.xlsx (9.3 KB)
neutralWordsOnly1.xlsx (8.5 KB)
dotprobe.py (28.9 KB)

I really hope someone will be able to pay my problem a little time, i’d appreciate it.

Sorry for my poor English.

Ann.

Hello. Please attach your Builder (.psyexp) file rather than the generated Python (.py) file.

Hello!

I’m afraid I can’t, because I switched to Coder while ago (all randomization was written in Coder).

Ahh, right, I saw that it was originally generated by Builder and didn’t realise that you had customised it.

Someone would have to be very generous with their time to go through the code and also be able to understand what you are trying to achieve to see what is going wrong.

You are likely going to need to break this down a lot more to very specific detail to get help, and just deal with one issue at a time. Start with the problem that generates the error, as that will be easiest to fix. describe exactly what you are intending, what wordPos is, where it comes from, how it used, etc. Also, please copy and paste complete error messages instead of partial , blurred screenshots.