Show builder output while experiemnt is running

OS (e.g. Win10): Win7 SP1
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.85.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:y
What are you trying to achieve?:
I want to see the current parameters of a trial while the experiment is running using the builder

What did you try to make it work?:
I added a code block and in it a print statement for the parameters I want to see.
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The output panel of the builder only appears after the experiment is over. But I see my print statements there correctly.

How can I see them while the experiment is running?

Thanks!!!

Without knowing much about what you mean about parameters, you could just set up a text object that updates on every frame with:

$yourParameterName

in the text box. Just alter the position and size so it’s out of the way of your stimuli.

If you wanted more than one parameter, you could set up a list in a code component:

yourParameters = list(param1, param2,param3...)

then use

$yourParameters

in the text object instead.

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I am using full field grating stimulus using a second screen on a dual screen computer.
I can’t see that screen as it is inside an enclosure.
Could your solution work on a dual screen setup by using some negative coordinates to get the text box on the primary screen?

Thanks again,
Boaz

Hi - To use dual monitors you generally have to create two window objects - then you would just set a text component to draw in win2 instead of win. Alternatively you could disable full screen mode (set the parameter inside the window object to False - done within code view) - that way you could have the psychopy app open in one window and the experiment in the other. Timing could be affected though so test it thoroughly.

Thanks!
That worked, I will test the timing to make sure it is not effected.