Feedback for the experimenter during testing

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10):
Win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x):
latest

What did you try to make it work?:
Googled the request

Hello everyone,
maybe it is quite easy but so far i could not find a solution.
I would like to get a feedback from psychopy during the experiment about the participants performance.
If the participant eg clicks the wrong button and gets a negative feadback on the screen, i also would like to see the answer of the participant during trials.

Is that possible? And if yes, how?

Best,

Carina

Hi Carina,

The component which gathers the response, what is Store set to? In the Excel sheet outputted by PsychoPy you should be able to see their answer whether it was correct or not. Or do you mean that you would like to see their response there-and-then on a different screen?

Hi Todd,

I mean a second screen during testing. It is quite common to monitor participants so I thought there might be a solution already implanted in psychopy. Otherwise using the custom code option might do the trick.

Best,
Carina

Hi Carina,

You might not need custom code necessarily, if you already have the experiment set up across two screens then you could create a Text component on the second screen and set its value to be $mouse.isPressedIn() (with mouse being your Mouse component). But a Code component would also work fine!

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

I will try that. Thank you for the hint!

Best,
Carina

Hi Todd,

so I used to code component to solve the problem. With two screens i rather meant i show the experiment on a second screen and have the builder open on an experimenter screen.

The only problem I am still facing is that i have to move the cursor in order to see the participants answer. The custom code prints the answer of the participant into the white psychopy console.

Why do I have to move the cursor?

Best,
Carina