Shelf counterbalancing two conditions

Hi!
I have two conditions programmed with builder. Both conditions work online (two links). Now I try to figure out how I can counterbalance the participants online for these two conditions. I read the information on counterbalancing with the shelf tool (Using the Shelf for Multi-session testing, Counterbalancing and more online — PsychoPy v2022.2.4) but I don´t know how I can connect the two conditions to the self?
Or would it be better to put both conditions into one psyexp file and work with loops to turn off and on the respective condition? If, for example, group „A“ is chosen the condition routine for „B“ should be blocked (e.g. if thisGroup.group == „A“: conditionB_loop.finished = True)? What I tried, but which is not working, can be found attached. I get the error message „TypeError: Cannot use ‘in’ operator to search for ‘status’ in Your are in group: A.

Thank you very much for any help!

shelf_counterbalance.psyexp (23.8 KB)

Hi @M11, yes you need to have both conditions in one experiment and use variables to adapt the experiment to the specific condition.

The error stems from the fact that you have both a variable and a component called text.

1 Like