Set EyeLink calibration area through IoHub

LS,

For an experiment where we use eye-tracking only to check fixation, we’d like to restrict the calibration area to a smaller portion of the screen. The default if 0.88 x 0.88 (with something similar for corner rounding) but if I understand the EyeLink documentation correctly, this can go down to about 0.33 x 0.33.

We’re writing our own Python code, and import PsychoPy as a module. We have almost everything working, and can set other properties of calibration (colors, number of points).

Is there an option to set the calibration area in the IoHub as a property of the calibration as well? I can’t seem to find it in either the documentation or the code, but maybe I’m just not looking at the right place.

Thanks for any pointers!
Marius

In case anybody else is wondering about this, I solved it. There is no built-in methods to do so, but you can send commands to the EyeLink, through the sendCommand() method of the tracker object. Many more settings can be changed this way, and for the calibration area scale, we’d send this command:

tracker.sendCommand("calibration_area_proportion", "0.35 0.35")

1 Like