psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Eye-tracker: change calibration and validation procedures for Eyelink 1000

eyetracking
iohub

Dear all,

I’m running an MRI experiment with an eye-tracker (Eyelink 1000 desktop) and the field of view is pretty limited inside the bore.
What I would like to do is to change calibration and validation procedures, and move circle targets in some other location of the screen.
The best is with a priory selected space coordinates.

Any suggestions on how to start will be very appreciated!

Below the code I usually use:

iohub_tracker_class_path = 'eyetracker.hw.sr_research.eyelink.EyeTracker'
        eyetracker_config = dict()
        eyetracker_config['name'] = 'tracker'
        eyetracker_config['model_name'] = 'EYELINK 1000 DESKTOP'
        #eyetracker_config['simulation_mode'] = True
        eyetracker_config['runtime_settings'] = dict(sampling_rate=1000,
                                                     track_eyes='RIGHT')
        io = launchHubServer(**{iohub_tracker_class_path: eyetracker_config})
        tracker = io.devices.tracker

# run eyetracker calibration
        r = tracker.runSetupProcedure()
        tracker.setRecordingState(True)

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Michele

Hi!
It is a bit tricky. You will probably be limited by the number of calibration methods available in Eyelink.
There is a file, eyeLinkCoreGraphicsIOHubPsychopy, which you probably should not modify. It takes the display size of monitor by default, but what if it is changed to the portion of the screen available for a user.
There is also pylink, which you can use.
N

Hi Natalia,
Thanks for the reply!

I was trying to look at eyeLinkCoreGraphicsIOHubPsychopy.py and to eyetracker.py, but it seems quite difficult change them without create other problems.

I’m not sure how to start with pylink, and how to integrate with Psychopy. Do you have any link to suggest from where should I start? (I cannot find enough online)

Thanks!
Best,
Michele

Hi Michele,

The traces are well covered :smiley: Also I am not sure if it works with the newest version of psychopy, but it worked well with 1.81 when I tried it last year.

This is the thread at the sr forum https://www.sr-support.com/forum/eyelink/programming/5548-a-psychopy-implementation-of-the-eyelink-coregraphics
This is the file:
https://www.sr-support.com/filedata/fetch?id=49835&d=1500489029

I think you might need to register to be able to download the file.

Best,
Natalia