Sending multiple different EEG triggers in a trial

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my MSc dissertation project and have created my experiment in Psychopy. We are using eye-tracking and EEG.

In the experiment, there is a fixation cross that appears in the centre of the screen and when the participant looks at the cross they receive light vibrations from vibrotactors held on both the left and right forearm. Then, a sequence of 8 targets start. A circle appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, and the participant is required to look at it for 500ms before the next target appears in the top left corner. This process repeats until 8 targets have appeared on screen. During the sequence, one target will trigger a second stimulation. This can either be on the left or right forearm and the vibration will either be the same frequency they felt at the start of the trial or a different frequency. At the end of a trial, the participant used the keyboard and responds whether the stimulation received was the same or different.

The sequence the targets appear in and the target that triggers the stimulation are controlled by excel files.

It is a requirement for the course that we use a brain imaging method, and we have chosen EEG. We are using a Neurospec MMBTS toolkit for synchronising triggers to the EEG recordings. Is there any standard code for sending multiple triggers at once? We have three triggers that need to be sent per trial (cue location, stimulation side and intensity and participant response).

I am using Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: