Sending EEG triggers using BrainVision recorder and USB2 adapter trigger box

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

Win 10
PsychPy version 3.2.4

I just simply want to send a trigger when use press any key for example in my case when use press ‘space’ bar, there should be a trigger sent, but I do not see anything in the EEG recording system.

I tried following:

Your if condition seems to be wrong. You’re trying to check if the length of a list is Space, which doesn’t seem to make much sense, unless I’m missing something here…

• You are also using the same name (p_inst) for both the parallel port created in code and the one created as a Builder component. Given that you are creating it in code, you don’t actually need the graphical Builder component at all - just delete it.
  • As well as the problem with the if check noted by Richard, that check is happening at the wrong time. At the beginning of the routine, no key has been pressed, so this check will never work. That code needs to be shifted to the “Each frame” tab so that it runs continuously throughout the routine, once every screen refresh (typically at 60 Hz).
  • Having said that, you should start by just sending the trigger unconditionally. i.e. you need to know if the trigger is actually being sent at all, regardless of any code logic.
1 Like

Dear Jin,

I was wondering, if these solutions worked good for you. I am having problems with the code “p_inst.setData(0)”, it says ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘setData’

Thank you very much,
Leidy

Hello! Please Help me with my Master’s thesis.
I’m using psychopy for my final project and i need the program to put triggers on the brain tape when the participant presses a button. ( The participant is connected to the program via EEG )

right now the program only marks the beginning and the end of the experiment and we can’t get it to mark the moments when the assigned button is pressed.
we don’t know what the problem is and it would mean the world if anyone can help.