Send participant from one experiment to another

Description of the problem:
I’d like to send a participant from one pavlovia experiment to another and retain the participant number.
I read on the forum about Completed URL and something but I don’t really get it.

I did this method

$"https://URL/?participant="+expInfo['participant']

but when the second experiment loads it does not load with the participant number already filled in, it’s empty. Do I need to use some code? Do I need to do anything else besides the URL? Is this even possible for a piloted experiment? Or do I have to run it?

Hi @joehank,

What version of PsychoPy are you using? If you complete the experiment, what value is displayed in the participant column of the data file?

-shabkr

Hey @shabkr . I use v2022.2.5. Do you mean in the experiment that sends or the experiment that receives? Both use the value in the participant box (in the example sender is 5 and recipient is 159863)

Hi @joehank,

Thanks for clarifying! Looking closely, it appears the issue is with the URL of the second experiment.
Because you are piloting, there are extra parameters in the URL (__pilotToken,__oauthToken). These are interfering with the participant parameter you have added.

URL parameters are indicated with ?variable=value after the URL.
If there are multiple URL parameters, you need to use &variable=value.
E.g. www.example.com/?variable1=A&variable2=B&variable3=C

When Piloting, try changing the ?participant= to &participant=. This should properly add your participant parameter to the other parameters in the URL.

Note that when running you will probably need use ?participant= if participant is the only URL parameter.
Once your experiment is ready, I recommend spending a couple tokens to test the RUN version before you distribute it to participants, just in case there were issues you didn’t see in the pilot version.

Hope that helps,
-shabkr

Hey thank you all issues are solved.