Selecting rows per iteration in a loop, to cary out a rating

Hi so I have created a task looped from an excel file with 50 rows. I currently have it working from a place in which the participant provides a rating at each row. I was hoping to change my task (because it takes too long) to only draw up ratings on the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,16,18,20,25,30,35,40,45,50th rows . Then for the rows that don’t have a rating 11,13,15,17,19,21,22,23,24…49th to trigger either a keypress or a timer to skip to the next row.

Attempting to do this I filled ‘rating’ start box with ($ratingstart) to link it to the .xlsx file. For the iterations in the .xlsx file in which I wanted to the ‘rating’ to appear I filled the rows in with 0 (to signal the rating starting at time 0). Then for the turns I didn’t want to trigger the rating I left those rows blank (to signal it has no start time?). For these turns in which the ‘rating’ isn’t meant to appear to pass these iterations in the loop by linking the keypress start time from builder view to the .xlsx. In the rows in which no rating but a keypress was meant to be present I filled in the keypress with 0.

When I go to run my experiment it freezes after locking in the first rating. I’m not sure if I should be going about this via another method or if I’m doing it wrong? (the original experiment in which I had a rating at every one of the 50 iterations runs perfectly)

Thank you

I answered this question here: Selecting different rows per iteration in a loop

To save people’s time, please only ask questions in one place, and tick this answer as solving your question if it works for you.

1 Like