URL of experiment:
Description of the problem:
We are running our behavioural pilot on Pavlovia and most of our participants are complaining about technical problems, with the most common one being that the screen freezes at some random point and the experiment crashes. We have received several angry reviews so far and even those subjects that managed to go through the whole experiment, reported that they, too, faced problems (statistics of the latter attached).
In addition, most of the data produced so far are appropriate, but there are more than 20 empty data in the data folder in gitlab, for which no credits have been consumed. As far as I know, if someone doesn’t complete the experiment, no data are produced. So, how come these data have been created?
We need participants with certain rare qualifications and now that we managed to find some, it’s a pity to lose them due to technical problems.
What we have done to solve it:
After reading previous posts here, we have instructed participants to use Google Chrome or Firefox to ensure that the problems are not due to the browser they are using. Also, we tried to minimize the code of the experiment, which is relatively long, but the best we could do was to have a 114kB js file.
Other characteristics of the experiment:
The experiment includes some big audio files (~39mB in total), but they are necessary.
I’m sorry, but the experiment is not in English. So, if you kindly decide to run it, please read the brief instructions in English first: Report - Google Docs. Overall, remember that you mouse click to move on and press SPACE or ENTER to the balloon task.