psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

RiftHeadTrackingExample.py -- visual.Rift(headLocked=False, samples =1) KeyError: 'size'

Hey folks,

I ran into the following error when trying to run the RiftHeadTrackingExample.py demo (rigth after unpacking the demos).

System information:

• PsychoPy 3.2.4
  • (Python: 3.6.6, v3.6.6:4cf1f54eb7, Jun 27 2018, 03.37.03; [MSC v.1900 64 bit ])
  • Windows 10 Home 1709
  • XMG 15 Ultra (i7 7700K, 32GB Ram, GTX1080)
  • NVidia Driver: 441.41
##### Running: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\demos\coder\hardware\RiftHeadTrackingExample.py #####
pygame 1.9.4
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
7.3578     WARNING     Monitor specification not found. Creating a temporary one...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\demos\coder\hardware\RiftHeadTrackingExample.py", line 16, in <module>
    hmd = visual.Rift(headLocked=False, samples=1)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\contrib\lazy_import.py", line 120, in __call__
    return obj(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\rift.py", line 341, in __init__
    super(Rift, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\window.py", line 421, in __init__
    self._setupGL()
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\window.py", line 2223, in _setupGL
    success = self._setupFrameBuffer()
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\rift.py", line 726, in _setupFrameBuffer
    self._mirrorRes = self.size
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\rift.py", line 351, in size
    return self.__dict__['size']
KeyError: 'size'

In case one of you encountered the same error upon using the rift class I’d be happy to know of any solution or that this is a known error.

Kind regards
Conrad

~Are you able to update PsychoPy? I don’t seem to get that error on my end. ~ Looks like you are using it already.

1 Like

I guess one way to correct this is to explicitly specify the mirror size using the ‘mirrorRes’ attribute when creating the window.

mirrorRes=(800, 600) for instance.

1 Like

I tried to run the Demo with specified mirrorRes=(800,600), but the error still occurs. The error also occurs on another system:

GPU: RTX 2070 (no max-q)
Nvidia GPU-Driver: 441.41
CPU: I7-9750H
RAM: 16 GB

PsychoPy Version: 3.2.4
PsychXR Version: 0.2+