psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Reference Error: bool not defined

URL of experiment:
https://pavlovia.org/run/weinmuellersa/sentence-interpretation-pretest/html/

Description of the problem:

I’ve created an experiment with the builder with only text and keyboard components which works fine locally, but when I try to run it online, I get the message: reference error: bool is not defined.

I have already encountered a different reference error (msg not defined) in another experiment and was able to solve it by editing the code component; but this experiment doesn’t have a code component and I have no clue what is meant by ‘bool’.

I should maybe add that I am quite new to programming, so this could have a simple solution that I just couldn’t find. I would be glad for any help! Thank you!

Here my excel and experiment files:
Sentence Interpretation_Pretest.psyexp (41.8 KB)
Sentence Interpretation_Pretest_practice.xlsx (8.3 KB)
Sentence Interpretation_Pretest_stims.xlsx (9.4 KB)

The problem is with the code statements you added to the start and duration times for your text and keyboard components. Rather than setting the start time and duration of each component based on a condition, you should just create separate routines displaying each set of text. Set the duration of the keyboard and the text components with an infinite duration (blank), but allow keypresses in the keyboard component to end the routine.

The Stroop tutorial is a great way to get used to Builder concepts:

Thank you very much for your help! It works now!