Recording reaction time with microphone

Dear all, I am new on psychopy.

However, I have a problem. I would like recording a reaction time with a microphone. Actually, I have a movie and I would ask participant to recognize this movie as soon as possible and to name the action in the microphone. I do not want all the production but just the moment when they started to speak on the microphone. I tried to connect a microphone to my computer and I put a microphone response.

My experiment does not start.

The error is:

Exception: Failed to open PortAudio audio device due to unsupported combination of audio parameters.
Exception ignored in: <function Stream.del at 0x0000016A40C6E9D8>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\psychtoolbox\audio.py”, line 236, in del
self.close()
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\psychtoolbox\audio.py”, line 146, in close
raise err
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\psychtoolbox\audio.py”, line 139, in close
PsychPortAudio(‘Close’, self.handle)
AttributeError: ‘Stream’ object has no attribute ‘handle’

Experiment ended.

Do you know which type of microphone can I use with psychopy? and which properties can I put in the general parameters and the microphone response?

Thanks in advance

Hello there!

Please could you try changing the sampling rate of the microphone component to 48Hz? It would look like the below.

Becca