Pushing builder project to Pavlovia

Project works when running in builder but I am getting this error when trying to push it online. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Description of the problem:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 160, in submitChanges
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 753, in getRepo
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 821, in newRepo
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 860, in cloneRepo
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/repo/base.py”, line 982, in clone_from
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/repo/base.py”, line 933, in _clone
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/util.py”, line 333, in finalize_process
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 415, in wait
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git clone -v Sign in · GitLab /Users/gracegillespie/Documents/*PROJECTS/Ensembles/Ensemble Coding Race is Gendered/Study 2- Race is Gendered Pairings /Study 2- Asian & LatinX /ECRG2_AL_1A
stderr: ‘fatal: destination path ‘/Users/gracegillespie/Documents/*PROJECTS/Ensembles/Ensemble Coding Race is Gendered/Study 2- Race is Gendered Pairings /Study 2- Asian & LatinX /ECRG2_AL_1A’ already exists and is not an empty directory.

Hello Grace

do you have a * as part of the folder-name PROJECTS? I am surprised that this works because * is a reserved character in many circumstances and should not be used in filenames (and folder-names). You also might want to get rid of the spaces in the file(folder)names. While spaces in file(folder)names work on your OS-system, there is no guarantee they will work on another OS-system. The error tells you that you try to sync a folder that has already a .git-folder in it. Move your project to another directory and try to sync again.

Best wishes Jens

1 Like

I did-- thank you! That took care of the issue :slight_smile: