psychopy.useVersion('latest') Issue

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v3.0.0b10
**Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
**What are you trying to achieve?: Run experiment

**What did you try to make it work?: Press run button or compile code

**What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: Did not run, code was not compiled
Include pasted full error message if possible.

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PsychoPy3_PY2\\pythonw.exe', '-m', 'psychopy.scripts.psyexpCompile', 'C:\\Nutzer\\user\\Eigene Dateien\\AktuelleStudien\\task1.psyexp', '-o', 'C:\\Nutzer\\user\\Eigene Dateien\\AktuelleStudien\\task1.py', '-v', 'latest']' returned non-zero exit status 1

470.7077     WARNING     Parameter 'OSF Project ID' is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1581, in fileOpen

self.project = pavlovia.getProject(filename)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 995, in getProject

gitRoot = getGitRoot(filename)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 975, in getGitRoot

cwd=p) != 0:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\subprocess.py", line 172, in call

return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3_PY2\lib\subprocess.py", line 644, in _execute_child

startupinfo)

WindowsError: [Error 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

We tried to run the experiment with the new version of PsychoPy but it did not start and code compilation produced errors, too. We ran into a similar problem also issued in useVersion error in 1.85.3 and Issue1515. I think it has something to do with this change PR1137 and Issue1130.

A fast solution to the problem was opening the .psyexp-file in an editor and deleting the following line:

<Param name="Use version" updates="None" val="latest" valType="str"/>

Probably it is also enough to simply delete the "latest" entry for val.

I thought it is solved but there still seems to be a problem opening the file. I can only load it into PsychoPy when Coder or Builder are already opened. Do you have any suggestions?

Welcome to PsychoPy3!
v3.0.0b10
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1581, in fileOpen
    self.project = pavlovia.getProject(filename)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 995, in getProject
    gitRoot = getGitRoot(filename)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 975, in getGitRoot
    cwd=p) != 0:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py", line 267, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py", line 709, in __init__
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py", line 997, in _execute_child
    startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

I think you don’t have git installed? That obviously isn’t a great error message to let you know that and we’ve done some work around that issue recently. We’re gradually fixing these things

Ok, thank you. Your are right, we don’t have git on our lab PC. I will install it and post afterwards whether it worked.