Psychopy installation failing in Windows XP

Hi there,

I’ve been attempting to install Standalone Psychopy on a Win XP machine. It appears to install correctly, but whenever I launch from the start menu in Windows, I immediately get an error message:

"C:\Program Files\Psychopy2\pythonw.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1.84.0 and had a go with 1.83.04 to see if that made any difference. No luck, always the same response.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Andrew

I forgot to add I also followed the suggestions in the troubleshooting section relating to installation and updated the service pack …(although the version I was using seemed ok) .but nothing changed following that…

Cheers
Andrew

And…problem solved. I just found an old post from Jon describing a workaround involving downloading and installing Python 2.6.6 …I’m not sure how this worked, but it solved the problem…at least with PP version 1.82…I haven’t tried it with 1.84 yet…

Sorry for troubling you all with this.

Cheers

Andrew

FYI: I think this was caused by win XP not installing .NET by default (and that version of python installed a .net library). Newer versions of windows include it anyway so this issue has gone away for most users.