Psychopy experiment audio files plays through speakers only?

I was testing out my experiment and along with my plugin headphones and realized the experiment plays through the speaker rather than the headphones.

I initially thought it could be my laptop issue but the individual .wav files are able to play through the headphones.

Is there any reason why this might be the case? I checked in the preference and hardware tab for the audio device and the only choice is speakers (synaptic audio). Is there any way to ensure that the audio will be played through the headphones?

Hi Psychisawesome,

PsychoJS (it’s online right?) doesn’t know where the audio goes to. Perhaps the issue is on the level of your browser? If you play a YouTube video, for example, does the same thing happen?

Best, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

when i play a normal youtube video or normal file from my local drive, the audio plays through the headphones. The experiment is not done online, but from my local drive and laptop as well.

I checked the preferences and the audio device selected is headphones. Could the order of the audio library have an effect on this?

Ah, sorry, I assumed it was PsychoJS. I’m not sure how it works in the offline version. Could you recategorize your post under builder? Then we’re sure the people with the right expertise will pick it up.