psychoJS versions

OS MacOS 10.15.3
PsychoPy version 3.2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y:

What are you trying to achieve?:

Recently, my university discontinued in-person data collection due to the ongoing pandemic (as I’m sure most or all other universities have at this point). Unfortunately, many of my PsychoPy studies are now on hold until this can resume. I’ve been playing around with the PsychoJS and pavlovia, and have gotten to the point where I’m able to upload my studies there. While some tweaks still have to be made, I’m wondering about conditions files. Specifically, is it possible to have 3 conditions that are randomly chosen from the online JS version or should I make 3 versions of the same experiment, one for each condition?

I haven’t tried anything yet, only uploaded one experiment which gave the same prompt I typically use: participant and condition number fields. Normally this would be done by an RA, and I wouldn’t want participants entering their own condition numbers (they may all end up choosing the same one).

I am in a similar situation and I will use different experiment per condition because I want to make sure I have an equal number of participants in each which is more difficult to achieve when you allow it to be random and may end up getting more dropouts in one of them. You would have to keep track but maybe that would work well for you.

That’s kind of what I’m leaning towards. Seems like the best way to ensure the most even distribution of participants across conditions. A few things need to be changed, namely removing the “participant” field and replacing it with “ID number” or something that’s pertinent to MTurk or Prolific.