Problem with running video files in Pavlovia

Thanks so much for all your help! I’ll have a go with your suggestions and let you know how I get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

@thomas_pronk good news - the videos now seem to be working now I’ve changed the w/h dimensions.

I’m now having a new issue and wondered whether you would be able to help? When my video finishes playing the audio continues. At the moment, a video plays then the word ‘type!’ is shown, which is displayed for 3 secs. This then ends the routine and the next one starts, which is when participants will type the word they saw.

At the moment, the video audio continues until ‘type!’ disappears, so until the end of the routine, rather than just until the end of the video. This doesn’t happen in PsychoPy, only when run on Pavlovia, and in Builder view, my components don’t overlap in their timing.

Any ideas why this might be happening? In case you’re able to have a look, I have added you as developer to this experiment, which is called ‘Student_Computer_Experiment_v1’

Any help hugely appreciated!

I think I might know a workaround for that: could you try moving the “Type!” part to a separate routine?

1 Like

This worked, thanks so much!

1 Like