Problem with creating a Noise Stimulus

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

Mac (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. v2021.1.4):

I am a beginner to Psychopy. So far I have been using Builder for basic things like presenting an image. In the experiment I have to design, I need to present a visual noise stimulus immediately after the target image. I am finding all the options on builder very confusing to understand.

I keep getting this error when I try ‘float’ object cannot be interpreted as an integer’

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Are you getting this error offline or online?

Please post a screenshot of your sound component.

Hello I am actually trying to generate visual noise with specific dimensions. I get this error offline.

What about the other tabs? The error message suggests that one of the parameters should be an integer but you’re giving it a float (non integer)

These are the other tabs.

!

Are you using pixels as your units?

I am using pixels as my units. So I changed the values to (500,500)… I still get the error though.

Might the spatial frequency parameters also be in pixels? If so then I’d delete the decimal points.

However, I’m not a noise component user (I don’t think it works online) so I’m just working from basic principles here.

Thank you I shall try this out! I want to upload the experiment to Pavlovia. I was not aware that noise stimuli cannot be run online. Thank you for your help!

This post might help