Problem with communicating to two devices, both using ethernet, in the same experiment

Hi all,

I’m trying to build an experiment and would like to collect both eyetracking and EEG data. I have a Tobii eyetracker and EGI EEG device for this.

Each device communicates with an ethernet cable (my computer has two ethernet ports) and both work correctly when they are used separately, but when I want to communicate with both devices in the same paradigm, I get some issues.

The main issue seems to be that if one device (e.g., the Tobii eyetracker) is called by the PsychoPy script, no connection can be made or sustained to the other device (e.g., the EGI device). When the connection with the EGI device is maintained, I get “nan” values with the “getEvents()” function for Tobii. When the connection with the Tobii device is maintained, I get a SocketError (" An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host") and I can’t send triggers to the EGI device.

My question is: is it possible to send triggers/communicate with both devices in the same experiment or is it not possible due to the fact that each device uses an ethernet cable for communication?

Thanks in advance!