Problem Running Experiment Locally

Hi,

I am having trouble running my experiment locally, it was working completely fine until fairly recently. The same folder of resources runs absolutely fine on my supervisors computer (he has the same version as I do).

I have tried re-installing psychopy twice with no success. I have also tried changing the version in settings but this has not worked either.

When I open the experiment some black boxes flash up multiple times and then an error message is written in the runner view:

Generating PsychoPy script…
pygame 1.9.6
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
61.3702 WARNING Parameter ‘Data file delimiter’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.
61.3706 WARNING Parameter ‘Resources’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.
61.3839 WARNING Parameter ‘Before Experiment’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.
61.3840 WARNING Parameter ‘Before JS Experiment’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.
TypeError: Can’t represent a Param of type extendedStr

Also, the first time it stopped working, I can’t remember changing anything that would have caused this but it appeared on pavlovia as UNKNOWN platform, version 0 (where it was normally saying PSYCHOJS and 2020.2)

Any advice would be really appreciated as I need to make some minor changes before re- uploading it online and testing participants.

Many thanks,
Sophie

Hello Sophie,

you might want to try this.

Best wishes Jens

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried removing the appData.cfg and userData.cfg files and it created new versions but it still doesn’t seem to be working… Do you have any other ideas?

Best wishes,
Sophie

Hello Sophie,

Unfortunately, I do not have any further ideas.

Best wishes Jens