Presenting words image on scree but only display a white box

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

PsychoPy version : 1.85.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) :y
Hi everyone,
I’m try to make a word rating task. I display a word image and a instruction image at same time. Because there are 168 words image, so i use excel. But some trial worked well, some didn’t work. And it just display a white box. I tried change the picture’s format from “.png” to “.jpg” and I also tried to use pix units but it still doesn’t work.
Besides there is no error message.

Hi @Eacher,

Did you manage to find a pattern i.e. if there are specific images that are not displayed? Perhaps a way to debug it is to set the block to sequentially present the items, then take pen and paper and make a note of the images that are presented and especially the last image after which you have a blank square. if you identify the problematic image(s) then you can investigate if there is something wrong with that image.

Also, perhaps if you present the stimuli too fast maybe you pc is loosing frames and they are not presented.

At least this is how I would approach such problem.

1 Like

@Yiannis Really thank you! Your advice did work! The problem is on my excel. I present only 44 of 168 words. But in my first column contains all words. Maybe I should delete this column.
Thank you again.
Eacher