Playing several audios in one routine, each starting by key response

Hello all,
I want to build a forced-choice trial in which subjects see pictures of two persons at the same time and then hear one person after another (pictures still present), suggesting that “this person sounds like this” and “this person sounds like this”, induced by keyboard or klick.
I managed to solve this by timing (one audio file starting after the other), but actually, I want them to start only by experimenter’s induction.

I figured out that I may have to insert some kind of “condition” instead of “time” in the “Start” field of the audio stimulus’ properties, but I do not know how to do that.

Cany anyone help?
Thanks a lot!

A simple way to do this is to break this up by having several consecutive routines within your loop.You move from one routine to the next by mouse clicks.

i.e. you show the same images on each routine (so it won’t be obvious to the subject that anything has changed) but insert a mouse component so that, say, the first routine lasts indefinitely but ends when a button is pressed. Then the next routine starts, with the sound simply playing immediately on routine start. Then do the same thing (if required) for the next sound, and so on.

There is a little duplication involved here, but it is probably the easiest way to implement what you want.

Thank you, Michael! I’ve also considered doing this (and it works fine, so this might be a great solution for an easier setup!). In case this is of use for someone else, it might look like this:

My problem here is that the whole experiment is going to be more complex and will involve different kinds of trials which will have to be looped in some nested manner. Therefore, I am searching for a solution to get one trial in one Routine…