Psychopy v. 2022.1.2
Note: I did not attach the URL because the task is PART 2 of an experiment, and will not run unless you have completed PART 1 (all stimuli are contingent on performance in PART 1).
Description of the problem:
I created a task in PsychoPy Builder that I ran on Pavlovia after recruiting via Prolific. I ran a small pilot (n=10) to ensure things were working fine. All 10 subjects completed the task, though Pavlovia categorized them as “aborted”. Of these subjects, 9/10 data were successfully saved by Pavlovia, and could be downloaded by me.
I then created a larger study (n=80) using the exact same task and URL. All 80 subjects completed the task, though Pavlovia categorized them as “aborted”. Of these subjects, 10/80 data were successfully saved by Pavlovia, and could be downloaded by me.
I’ve had missing data on several previous PsychoPy/Pavlovia/Prolific experiments but never to this degree. How do I chase down what happened? All these subjects were able to complete the task and get the completion code at the end; none reported having any issues.
Am I the only one who has encountered this issue? I find it hard to believe that 70/80 subjects in one cohort simply exited out prematurely, or lost internet, etc.
We actually have a very similar problem:
When running our experiment in the pilot modus, everything works fine, the log files look good.
But when we ran the experiment, only a very few log files or sometimes even no logfiles (the experiment consisted of 6 single PsychoPy experiments) were stored.
On the Pavlovia Dashboard where the experiments overviews are shown it provides the correct number of completed sessions for the experiment (e.g., 4). But when clicking on the single experiment, the number of completed experiments is 0 and the number of aborted experiments is 2.
Also, only 2 credits are “reserved”, no credits are “consumed”.
When downloading the results, the folder is empty.
And, as seq2022 wrote, none reported having any issues.
Any suggestions and ideas?
Hello, I meet similar issues. Only 5 people defined as complete. We collected 50 participants.
The worst part is everytime it used up a Pavlovia credit every time someone ran and most of the data files are empty.
The other issue is participants report they already saw the green box message. But the data has not been saved. Or they can’t go through the finalized part.
We acutally found the solution of our problem:
At the end of our experiment the participants did not know that they had to press the space button in order to finish the experiment and to save the data. So they terminated the experiment by the escape button which caused that they did not see the yellow and green message box and the data was not saved.
We fixed the problem by adding a corresponding message on our last slide.