Pavlovia playing first sound file only

I have an experiment that works fine locally, but when I try to run it on PsychoPy it will only play an audio file on the first trial. After that it will go ahead with the trials (presenting visual stim and collecting a response as normal) but won’t present audio.

Any idea what could be causing this?

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Did you find any solutions @David_Sidhu? This problem does not exist with the experiments that I’ve built with a 2022 psychopy version…

edit: However, re-syncing it when opened with an earlier version of psychopy did not solve the problem

Unfortunately no. It’s very frustrating! I ended up switching programs for this one.

Please do let me know if you find an answer!

Hi, I’m having this same issue I think, in v2022.2.5. Do you mind me asking what program you are using instead? It seems that PsychoPy has a quite a few issues with audio

Hello, I had a similar problem with my procedure. I adjusted the start time of the sound from 0 to 0.01 seconds and the problem was solved.

2 Likes

It works with v2022.2.4, but good to know @Yibo that it also works with later versions if you adjust the start time!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Yibo, I ran into the same problem but adjusting the start time has solved it for me.