Pavlovia piloting jsPsych plugin error - how to test that saving is working as expected?

I am trying to pilot my experiment built with jsPsych, however at the end I get this error:

### [jspsych-pavlovia plugin 3.0.6] Error

* when uploading participant' results for experiment: ricardoV94/exp_2_1_1
* when saving data from a previously opened session on the server
* **unable to save data for an experiment that is not RUNNING**

So is there no way to test whether the saving function is working without spending credits? I cannot even save the data locally (on my computer) because the message overrides the displayData().

Yes. Right now, for the jsPsych/labJS plugins, you’ll need to spend £0.20 when you’ve gone through the rest of your study to make sure the data work as expected.

But certainly we’ll look at how to provide a test file going forwards. Sorry, didn’t mean to sound dismissive of that!

You did not sound dismissive at all. A test file would indeed be great.

1 Like

Hi there - was a test file for saving ever created?

I’m looking to run a bunch of online experiments using jsPsych. I’m new to Pavlovia, and would like to be able to test out all aspects of the experiments (including saving) during piloting. If I have to pay 0.20 each time I need to test this for all of these different projects (essentially pay to debug it), I think this might not be the best option for my needs.