Parallell Port component doesn't send triggers to EEG recording device

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to send markers to an EEG recording device (I’m using BrainVision Recorder) with the help of the Parallel Port component of the builder. I tried to make sure that I follow the instructions for the component (Communicating via a Parallel Port — PsychoPy v2023.2.3).

I’ve attached screenshots of my try of rebuilding the test experiment suggested in the Parallel Port component instructions and of the folder with my experiment file and the driver files needed in case I made some simple mistake that I’m overlooking.

If I’m using the port adress in Presentation it works and I’m getting markers in Brain Vision recorder.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Thanks a lot for your help!

Laura

I’ve found someone who has puzzled out the solution to my problem - for everyone who might encounter the same difficulties:

You need not only copy the needed drivers (inpoutx64.dll, inpoutx64.lib, and inpout32.h) out of the download folder InpOutBinaries_1501 ( Binaries only - x86 & x64 DLLs and libs), but also install them via the InstallDriver.exe (you’ll find this file in the folder Win32 inside InpOutBinaries_1501).

Maybe it’s kind of logical that you need to do that.

Fun and success to everyone :slight_smile:
Laura