Parallel port Linux doesn't run with experiment, only with resting condition

Hi,
I am new user of Psychopy. We are trying to set an EEG experiment with a parallel port as a trigger.
So far, it worked well during the resting condition, but when we start with the experiment which requires button presses, the experiment crashes with several errors (Device not found, wrong parport address, etc).
We are using a linux machine, so the parallel port is /dev/parport0.
As I said, it works during the resting part, but the very same parameters are not recognised during the task.
Any idea what we are doing wrong?
Thanks
Yacila

Hi @YacilaI,

Would you mind sharing your .psyexp file here, or copying and pasting the exact error message?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,
thanks a lot. I will appreciate your help. The error contains some German lines, saying: “No appropriated device or address were found”
The whole error is:

File “/home/bp8/Nextcloud/Team 8/RestFlanker_pix/flanker_port_lastrun.py”, line 118, in * p_port_2 = parallel.ParallelPort(address=‘/dev/parport0’)
File “/home/bp8/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/psychopy/parallel/_linux.py”, line 41, in init
self.port = pyp.Parallel(address)*
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py”, line 190, in init
self.PPCLAIM()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py”, line 221, in PPCLAIM
fcntl.ioctl(self._fd, PPCLAIM)
OSError: [Errno 6] Kein passendes Gerät bzw. keine passende Adresse gefunden
################# Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:4857] #################

Best,
Yacila

Thanks @YacilaI!

Would you also mind sharing your psyexp file so that I can take a look at the way the experiment condition is structured? No need to share any of the resources etc.

Thanks so much,

Kim

Hi Kim,
Here we go. It is a test built based on the Psychopy example forlder.
Many thanks,
Yacila

flanker_port.psyexp (42.7 KB)