Order Randomization Help

What are you trying to achieve?:
I’m trying to program an experiment where I have the following sequence:

Image 1: An “into to the trial” image
Image 2: A stimulus image that is either of Condition A or B
Image 3: A testing image (choose from two options)

Each “Image 1” represents an image of something found in a science discipline (anatomy, biology, physics) that orients the participant to an upcoming stimulus. The stimulus images are both pictures, but “A” is a black and white image, and “B” is a color image.

Participants must complete ten trials (1-10) and can only see one image (A or B) for each trial (so they don’t get the same image but color or B&W). Every participant sees the text will be blurred SAME Image 1 and the SAME Image 3, but I need to randomly assign either Condition A or Condition B on a trial-by-trial basis. The complicated part is that I need each participant to get five Condition A images and five Condition B images, but I’d like this to be random as well. Additionally, each participants can only get five color images and five black and white images.

So, I’d like the same intro for all participants and the same testing images for all participants. But, I’d like the actual trial image to be EITHER in color or black and white, which is assigned randomly.

I have an example chart below that shows a sample of how the trials might differ among two pretend participants. B = Black and White, C = Color.

Participant Trial Image 2
1 1 B
2 C
3 C
4 C
5 B
6 B
7 C
8 B
9 C
10 B
2 1 C
2 C
3 B
4 C
5 B
6 C
7 B
8 B
9 C

I hope this makes sense…please let me know if not. Thanks in advance for any help someone might be able to provide me.

This sounds like independent randomisation.

Hmm, I’m not sure it’s exactly like that demo because, in this demo, I’d need either the number in colA or the letter in colB, not both at the same time. And I need 5 values in colA and 5 values in colB to be presented as different trials.