URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/run/kc71/puzzle-task/html/
Description of the problem: When I try to launch the experiment, I get the participant ID page, then it immediately says it is saving the data. The task itself doesn’t run at all. I had a very hard time uploading it. I am a complete novice with this. I don’t know Java script, this is my first experience with Pavlovia (I don’t use any other online storage platforms) etc. I know my experiment, and that is about it. I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge. Below is what I went through to get it uploaded, in case it helps.
I downloaded PsychoPy 3 and tested my experiment (built in 1.90.2). It worked fine.
I got a Pavlovia account and tried to upload my experiment. The experiment was open in Builder at the time. I kept getting a Value error that the stat path was too long for windows.
I tried everything people told me, and couldn’t get it to sync. So, I uninstalled PsychoPy. That is when I found PsychoPy 1.90.2 was still on my computer. I uninstalled that.
I reinstalled. I went to the directions and tried again. This time my experiment was NOT open. It uploaded. I did try again to upload it while open, and got the same error.
Odd things that may be part of the issue: my experiment does not open if I open PsychoPy 3, go to file, and then open. It just sits there. It does not freeze. I can open other things after trying to open my puzzle task, but my puzzle task will not open. Also when my puzzle task uploaded to Pavolvia, the experiment and all of the required images and conditions were in their own folder. Despite this, conditions and files from a completely different folder that were part of past versions of the experiment uploaded.