Joystick axis response for reaction time experiment

PsychoPy version: 3

What are you trying to achieve?: I am building an approach/avoidance experiment that measures reaction time using a joystick axis (not the buttons). I want the user to respond to the stimuli using the joystick, specifically with a 50% threshold in either direction in the y-axis (moving the joystick 50% up or 50% down from center position would register a response).

What did you try to make it work?: I created a joystick response in the Builder window, but was unable to figure out how to use the joystick axis, not the buttons. I have two questions. (1) There is a box in the “advanced” tab of the properties box that says “Allowed Buttons”. Is there a way to only allow the joystick axis to be a valid response? (2) How can I go about setting a threshold for the displacement of the joystick to register a response? I do not want the joystick to register if it was only moved slightly (i.e. less than 50% in either direction of the y-axis)

I fully appreciate any help. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Daniel, I’m currently facing the same problem. Did you find a solution for this probelm? Is it actually possible to have the axis as a response?
Thanks!