Issue when trying to update Pavlovia experiment

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem: I am trying to update some aspects of the task and then re-upload the updated version to Pavlovia. However, when I try to do this by just hitting the sync icon, it only updates the .psyexpt files and not the HTML files and I am assuming that those are what need to be updated for Pavlovia to reflect any changes.

However, when I go to File → export HTML, I am getting this error message from PsychoPy that I am not sure how to address:

Anyone know how to fix this problem so I can get my experiments up and running smoothly?
Thanks so much!

Are you checking the length of any arrays in your code components?

Could any of them be numbers instead of lists?

I don’t think so!

These are the only code components I have in my script, the rest is just using the Builder, but this could potentially have something to do with it?

Two thoughts

1. Call trialCounter something else, just in case you are also using it for something else (e.g. a component or routine name)

2. Remove the space before the % just in case that causes it to see %40 as a new item.

Alrighty, did both of those! Thank you so much for your help by the way :slight_smile:
Changed the variable name to “trialCounting” and removed the space in the Python code component but I don’t think it changed the JS version. Tried to export the HTML and still got the same error message :confused: could it be a PsychoPy bug or something of the sort?

Thanks again!

Also - I went into the lastrun.py script for the experiment and searched for the “len()” function to try and see where it was used and it looks like it is only used when checking for keyboard responses like this:
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.36.00 PM But I’m not sure why that would be causing any issues?