IOHub, Macintosh OSX10.14 and accessibility

Mac OSX10.14.6
PsychoPy 3.1.5
IOHub

I have not been able to run any programs (including all the examples) that require IOHub. The error always is: !! Error starting ioHub: Error starting ioHub server
This includes mouse.py, keyboard.py, stroop.psyexp (with system preferences accessibility enabled or not for PsychoPy3.
Yet all of these run under Anaconda/Spyder. I think the problem is that PsychoPy does not have installed: https://pypi.org/project/accessibility/ * However, I do not know how to install it. I have to use standalone PsychoPy.

I have been trying to figure this out off and on for 6 months. Could someone give me any builder or coder program that will run understand alone PsychPy3.1.5? Or, if I am correct about the accessibility, either give me really SIMPLE instructions for adding it or include it in the next version of Mac PsychoPy.

• from PyPi “accessibility is a Python module that wraps the Accessibility API for Mac OS X.”

Just to check, by enabling accessibility, do you mean that you followed the instructions below re the Security & Privacy system preferences?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. When PsychPy3 is enabled in accessibility (System Preferences > Privacy Panel > accessibility) my system slows down some but IOHub programs still do not work. (IOHub connection failure). Is that wrong? I alway try it both ways, sometime restarting computer between switching accessibility on or off for PsychoPy3.

Interestingly, if I run a PsychoPy generated program with ioHUB (e.g, mouse.py) under Anaconda/Spyder, I also have to have accessibility checked for Anaconda.*

Is it just me who has this problem? I have tried IOHub programs on a friend’s Mac, same problem. Also on a borrowed PC (Windows 10) where I got the programs to run but also had to turn on permission (I forgot how I did that).

Michael, thank you for looking into this (again). I feel so lame. But thanks again.

• On the Mac, within Xcode is a program to do accessibility check. But I gave up 15 years of objective-C (Ug) for psychoPy (mostly Builder and I will never go back).