IOhub eyelink 1000 unresponsive to display pc keyboard inputs

Hi there

I’m trying to incorporate online eyetracking into an experiment I’m running, but the tracker PC (an eyelink 1000) isn’t responding to the keyboard inputs from the Display PC (via Ethernet). I can only advance the calibration using the keyboard of the Host PC (which isn’t really ideal). System details are:

Mac OS high sierra 10.13.6
PsychoPy standalone 3.1.3

Running the following code from the IOhub demo https://www.psychopy.org/api/iohub/device/eyetracker_interface/SR_Research_Implementation_Notes.html:

from psychopy.iohub import launchHubServer
from psychopy.core import getTime, wait

iohub_config = {'eyetracker.hw.sr_research.eyelink.EyeTracker':
                {'name': 'tracker',
                 'model_name': 'EYELINK 1000 DESKTOP',
                 'runtime_settings': {'sampling_rate': 500,
                                      'track_eyes': 'RIGHT'}
                 }
                }
io = launchHubServer(**iohub_config)

# Get the eye tracker device.
tracker = io.devices.tracker

# run eyetracker calibration
r = tracker.runSetupProcedure()

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can track down the issue here? There are no errors, and I know the keyboard input works for the external PylinkWrapper module on Python 2xx (I’m trying to shift what I’m doing to 3xx and use tracker device unspecific software, like IOhub!). I’ve made sure that PsychoPy3 has accessibility permissions, and even the esc key won’t work (like it has in other posts).

Kind regards,

Martin.

Hi Martin,
I am having a similar problem on Win10 with Psychopy3 (v 3.1.5).

It looks like I connect to the eye-tracker (but not really), but I end up getting “Error starting ioHub server”. (The script works perfectly in psychopy2 v 1.82.)
Btw, can you actually connect to the eyetracker (i.e., let’s say open and close the link and get any values from the eyetracker (for instance, in simulation mode))?

Pylink seems to work (but I see that you want to get tracker unspecific).
also see
Best,
Natalia