Iohub and tobii communication in Psychopy in OSX

Dear Jon, Sol and all…

I did little homework, and Tobii SDK is built in OS X 10.6 with python 2.7 installed with package in www.python.org.
Python modules of Tobii SDK (for OS X) consists in “_tetiopy27.so”, and “libtetio.dylib”.

when I used otools command , I found the dylib and so referencing

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python

I think the OS level crash when I try to open the selectTracker demo, (even though the pure python demo provided by Tobii works well) may due to this python referencing.
Maybe there are some workarounds (like install psychopy with /opt/~~~ directory), but I am still working with it.

Any good idea?
Is there any way to change Tobii dylib referencing address to relative one? If it is possible, I will contact with Tobii : )

PsychoPy standalone is built on 10.10 with python 2.7 from the same source. The one thing I can imagine though is that we’re now using only the 64bit python. If they’ve compiled their lib only for 32bit that would explain the issue.

To test:

• type file /the/full/path/whereYouFind/libtetio.dylib and the same (possibly) for _tetiopy27.so. That should tell you if it’s a 32bit or 64bit file (or both)
  • psychopy standalone was released as 32bit option until 1.81 (maybe 1.82 I forget) so if tobii worked with that standalone it might be the problem

What is the full error message that makes you think the lib isn’t being found?

They are both 64bit…

/Users/ERI/Downloads/tobii-analytics-sdk-3.1.0-osx-x86_64/python27/modules/_tetiopy27.so: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
Melchior:modules ERI$ file /Users/ERI/Downloads/tobii-analytics-sdk-3.1.0-osx-x86_64/python27/modules/libtetio.dylib
/Users/ERI/Downloads/tobii-analytics-sdk-3.1.0-osx-x86_64/python27/modules/libtetio.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64