psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Insert code to implement jittered ITI schedule from optseq2 into PsychoPy

code

What are you trying to achieve?: Apply predetermined ITIs (from optseq2 (.par files)) into experiment using code component in builder

@jon posted this a while back concerning this issue. However, I’m unsure how to implement this in my experiment because I’m mostly using builder view.

*I have details about my fMRI experiment here, * but to summarize:

I have three videos of 3 different cities (9 videos total) containing 6 stores in each. After the video plays and the trigger goes off, participants are shown an image with 3 pictures of 3 stores from the video. Each image = 1 trial. I have predetermined schedules from optseq2, which gives me a list of 15 ITIs, but I’m unsure how to implement schedules since PsychoPy is randomly picking 15 images out of the 112 images possible.

What did you try to make it work?: Instead of using my optseq2 schedules, I tried adding a jitter header next to all of my image stimuli suggested by @Michael from this post and randomly chose jitters of 0, 3, 6, and 9 seconds.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: I didn’t receive an error, but this somehow made my loop end early.