Initialising experiment problem

URL of experiment: https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/Mouaz/rst_english/tree/master

Description of the problem:
Hi,
My experiment runs fine locally but when I try to run it online it does not get past “initialising the experiment”, any suggestion is appreciated.

Hey - try running the JavaScript console on your browser when you try and load the experiment - this will probably give you a better idea of what’s going wrong!

Capture

Hey,
Thanks for the reply, this is what I got.

That say there’s a stray comma on line 304!

The text property was blank which throw an error I don’t know why, so I fill it with a dot ‘.’ and resolved the error.

1 Like

I’m noticing that it’s giving me an “Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘*’”

The line that seems to be giving it trouble:

function experimentInit() {
// Initialize components for Routine “instructions”
instructionsClock = new util.Clock();
import * as vk from ‘psychopy/voicekey’;
import {DemoVoiceKeySignal as Signaler} from ‘psychopy/voicekey/demo_vks’;
vk.pyo_init({“rate”: 44100, “buffersize”: 32});

That said, I’ve tried editing the javascript for it and nothing is working. The URL for the project is here: No repository · Mark McPhedran / Picture-Word Naming Task · GitLab

Are voice keys currently supported? I don’t think they are but I might be wrong!

I’m rather new to PsychoPy, so I’m not sure how to check that and remedy that issue. Any suggestions?

From what I understand, PsychoJS is still under development and not everything that is available in PsychoPy is available for online studies. The GitHub page for PsychoJS has a list of the available components. Voice keys are not currently on that list, so I don’t think you’ll be able to use them online at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for sending this over. I guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes out for when they update it to allow for Voice keys.

this solved my issue too